Minority Health Resources
A. International Instruments
- Discrimination (Employment and Occupation) Convention, No. 111 (1958). www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/—ed_norm/—declaration/documents/publication/wcms_decl_fs_85_en.pdf.
- Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work (1998). www.ilo.org/declaration/thedeclaration/textdeclaration/lang–en/index.htm.
- Convention against Discrimination in Education (1960).http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ID=12949&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html.
- Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage (2003).www.unesco.org/culture/ich/index.php?lg=en&pg=00022.
- Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions (2005).http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ID=31038&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html.
- UN Conference of Plenipotentiaries, Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and Stateless Persons (1951) and Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees (1967). www.unhcr.org/pages/49da0e466.html.
- UN General Assembly
- Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948). http://treaties.un.org/doc/Publication/UNTS/Volume%2078/volume-78-I-1021-English.pdf.
- International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, CERD/C/351/Add.1 (1965). www.ohchr.org/EN/ProfessionalInterest/Pages/CERD.aspx.
- UN Commission on Human Rights, Commentary of the Working Group on Minorities to the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities, E/CN.4/Sub.2/AC.5/2005/2 (2005). http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Events/Minority2012/G0513385_en.pdf
- UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD).
- General Recommendations. www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cerd/comments.htm.
- Guidelines for the early warning and urgent action procedures, Annual report A/62/18, Annexes, Chapter III (2007). www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cerd/docs/Revised_Guidelines_2007_en.doc.
- UN General Assembly.
- Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Intolerance and of Discrimination Based on Religion or Belief, Resolution 36/55 (1981). www.unesco.org/most/migration/full_dec_elim1.htm.
- Declaration on the Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities, Resolution 47/135 (1992) [United Nations Minority Declaration]. www.ohchr.org/Documents/Publications/GuideMinoritiesDeclarationen.pdf.
- UN Human Rights Council, Forum on Minority Issues, Compilation of Recommendations of the First Four Sessions 2008-2011. www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/Minority/Pages/ForumIndex.aspx.
- Declaration on Race and Racial Prejudice, E/CN.4/Sub.2/1982/2/Add.1, annex V (1982). www.unesco.org/education/nfsunesco/pdf/RACE_E.PDF.
- Declaration of Principles on Tolerance, Document 28 C/Resolution 5.61 (1995). www.unesco.org/webworld/peace_library/UNESCO/HRIGHTS/124-129.HTM.
- Recommendation against Discrimination in Education (1960). http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ID=13065&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html.
- United Nations Office of the High Commissioner of Human Rights
- Guidance Note of the Secretary-General on Racial Discrimination and Protection of Minorities (2013). www.ohchr.org/en/Issues/Minorities/Pages/MinoritiesIndex.aspx.
- Minority Rights: International Standards and Guidance for Implementation, HR/PUB/10/3 (2011). www.ohchr.org/en/Issues/Minorities/Pages/MinoritiesIndex.aspx.
- United Nations, Durban Declaration and Programme of Action.
- Declaration, World Conference against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance, Durban, South Africa (31 August–7 September 2001).www.un.org/durbanreview2009/ddpa.shtml.
- Outcome document of the Durban Review Conference, Durban Review Conference, Geneva, Switzerland (20–24 April 2009). www.un.org/durbanreview2009/conference.shtml.
B. Regional Instruments
(The European Union (EU) and the Council of Europe (COE) represent separate and distinct jurisdictions. While EU member states are automatically bound by EU instruments, COE member states are not bound by COE instruments unless they choose to be. Additionally, COE members are not necessarily EU members, and COE instruments are not binding on the EU itself.)
Council of Europe (COE) Binding
- Convention on Human Rights and Biomedicine: Convention for the protection of Human Rights and dignity of the human being with regard to the application of biology and medicine, CETS No. 164 (April 4, 1997).
- European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages (May 11, 1992).
Council of Europe (COE) Nonbinding
- European Commission against Racism and Intolerance, General Policy Recommendation No. 11: on combating racism and racial discrimination in policing (2007). www.coe.int/t/dlapil/codexter/Source/ECRI_Recommendation_11_2007_EN.pdf.
- Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities (1995). http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/en/Treaties/Html/157.htm.
- Thematic Commentaries on Education (2006), Participation (2008), and Language Rights (2012). www.coe.int/t/dghl/monitoring/minorities/3_FCNMdocs/Thematic_Intro_en.asp.
- State Reports, Opinions, Comments and Resolutions: www.coe.int/t/dghl/monitoring/minorities/3_FCNMdocs/Table_en.asp.
- Guiding Principles for Improving the Situation of the Roma (1999). www.coe.int/t/dg3/romatravellers/archive/documentation/recommendations/MiscCOCENguidelineseu_en.asp.
- Recommendation of the Committee of Ministers to member states on better access to health care for Roma and Travellers in Europe (2006).
- Recommendation on improving the economic and employment situation of Roma/Gypsies and Travellers in Europe (2001). http://wcd.coe.int/ViewDoc.jsp?id=241681&Site=CM.
- Recommendation of the Committee of Ministers to member states on the education of Roma/Gypsy children in Europe (2009).
- Recommendation (2005)4 of the Committee of Ministers to member states on improving the housing conditions of Roma and Travellers in Europe (2008).
European Union (EU) Binding
- European Council, Council Directive Implementing the Principle of Equal Treatment Between Persons Irrespective of Racial or Ethnic Origin [Racial Equality Directive], 2000/43/EC (June 29, 2000).
- European Council, Council Directive establishing a General Framework for Equal Treatment in Employment and Occupation [Equality Employment Framework Directive], 2000/78/EC (November 27, 2000).
European Union (EU) Nonbinding
- European Commission, An EU Framework for National Roma Integration Strategies up to 2020 (2011).
Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Nonbinding
- Decision No. 566: Action Plan on Improving the Situation of Roma and Sinti within the OSCE Area (2003).
- Decision No. 6/08: Enhancing OSCE Efforts to Implement the Action Plan on Improving the Situation of Roma and Sinti Within the OSCE Area (2008). www.osce.org/mc/35488.
- Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe, Document of the Copenhagen Meeting of the Conference on the Human Dimension of the CSCE (June 5-29, 1990). www.osce.org/odihr/elections/14304.
- High Commissioner on National Minorities.
- Guidelines on the Use of Minority Languages in the Broadcast Media (2003). www.osce.org/hcnm/32310?download=true.
- Recommendations on Policing in Multi-Ethnic Societies (2006). www.osce.org/hcnm/32227?download=true.
- The Lund Recommendations on the Effective Participation of National Minorities in Public Life & Explanatory Note (1999). www.osce.org/hcnm/32240?download=true.
- The Oslo Recommendations regarding the Linguistic Rights of National Minorities (1998). www.osce.org/hcnm/67531.
C. Other Declarations and Statements
- The Equal Rights Trust, Declaration of Principles on Equality (2008).
D. Minority Rights – General
- Alston P and Lowe V, eds., The Rights of Minorities: A Commentary on the European Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities (Oxford University Press, 2005). http://fds.oup.com/www.oup.co.uk/pdf/0-19-927858-X.pdf.
- Council of Europe, Commissioner for Human Rights, Human Rights in Europe: No Grounds for Complacency 57-79, Viewpoints by Thomas Hammarberg (COE Publishing, 2011). www.coe.int/t/commissioner/Viewpoints/ISBN2011_en.pdf.
- European Union, Agency for Fundamental Rights (EU FRA). http://fra.europa.eu.
- Respect for and protection of persons belonging to minorities 2008-2010 (2011). http://fra.europa.eu/en/publication/2011/respect-and-protection-persons-belonging-minorities-2008-2010.
- Minority Rights Group International, State of the World’s Minorities and Indigenous Peoples 2011 (2011). www.minorityrights.org/10848/state-of-the-worlds-minorities/state-of-the-worlds-minorities-and-indigenous-peoples-2011.html.
- UN OHCHR, Booklet on the Declaration on the Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities (2010). www.ohchr.org/Documents/Issues/Minorities/Booklet_Minorities_English.pdf.
- UN OHCHR, Towards Developing Country Engagement Strategies on Minorities: An Information Note for OHCHR staff and other practitioners (2010). www.ohchr.org/Documents/Publications/Strategies_on_minoritiesEN.pdf.
- UN Human Rights Council
- Compilation of United Nations manuals, guides, training material and other tools on minority issues, Report of the OHCHR, A/HRC/16/29 (2010). www.ohchr.org/Documents/Issues/Minorities/CompilationMinoriites.pdf.
- Rights of persons belonging to national or ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities, Report of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, A/HRC/19/27 (2011).http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/G11/172/78/PDF/G1117278.pdf.
- Summary of the panel discussion to commemorate the twentieth anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration on the Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities, Report of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, A/HRC/20/6 (2012). www.ohchr.org/Documents/HRBodies/HRCouncil/RegularSession/Session20/A-HRC-20-6_en.pdf.
E. Right to Non-Discrimination
- Asian Human Rights Commission, “Caste-Based Discrimination”. www.humanrights.asia/issues/caste-based-discrimination.
- European Union, Agency for Fundamental Rights
- EU-MIDIS: European Union Minorities and Discrimination Survey: Main Results Report (2009). http://fra.europa.eu/en/survey/2012/eu-midis-european-union-minorities-and-discrimination-survey.
- Migrants, minorities and employment – Exclusion and discrimination in the 27 Member States of the European Union (Update 2003-2008) (2011). http://fra.europa.eu/en/publication/2011/migrants-minorities-and-employment-exclusion-and-discrimination-27-member-states.
- The Racial Equality Directive: application and challenges (2012). http://fra.europa.eu/en/publication/2012/racial-equality-directive-application-and-challenges.
- Human Rights Watch, Discrimination, Inequality, and Poverty: A Human Rights Perspective, “Addressing Inequalities” Global Thematic Consultation – Call for Proposals for Background Papers (2012). www.hrw.org/news/2013/01/11/discrimination-inequality-and-poverty-human-rights-perspective.
- International Movement Against All Forms of Discrimination and Racism (IMADR), 13 Contemporary Forms Of Racial Discrimination: Reflections of Our Times (2013). www.imadr.org/books/peoples-13.
- INTERIGHTS, Non-Discrimination in International Law: A Handbook for Practitioners (2011).
- Ziegenfuss D, “Zingari or Italiani?: Discrimination Against Roma in Italy and the European Court of Human Rights”, The George Washington International Law Review 43, no. 3 (2011). www.questia.com/library/1P3-2602948951/zingari-or-italiani-discrimination-against-roma.
F. Right to Health
- European Roma Rights Centre. Ambulance not on the way: the Disgrace of Health Care for Roma in Europe (Open Society Institute, 2006). www.opensocietyfoundations.org/reports/ambulance-not-way-disgrace-health-care-roma-europe.
- European Union, Health and the Roma Community: Analysis of the Situation in Europe: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain (2009). http://ec.europa.eu/justice/discrimination/files/roma_health_en.pdf.
- European Union, Agency for Fundamental Rights, Inequalities and multiple discrimination in access to and quality of healthcare (2013). http://fra.europa.eu/en/publication/2013/inequalities-discrimination-healthcare.
- Földes ME and Covaci A, “Research on Roma health and access to healthcare: state of the art and future challenges”, International Journal of Public Health 57, no. 1 (2012): 37-39. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3282005/.
- Institute of Medicine, Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care (IOM, 2001). www.iom.edu/Reports/2002/Unequal-Treatment-Confronting-Racial-and-Ethnic-Disparities-in-Health-Care.aspx.
- Open Society Foundations, Public Health Program
- “Roma Health”: www.opensocietyfoundations.org/topics/roma-health.
- Roma Health Mediators: Successes and Challenges (2011). www.opensocietyfoundations.org/reports/roma-health-mediators-successes-and-challenges.
- Roma Health a Focus at European Public Health Conference (2012). www.opensocietyfoundations.org/voices/roma-health-focus-european-public-health-conference.
- Romani CRISS, Roma Health: Perspectives of the Actors Involved in the Health System: Doctors, Health Mediators and Patients (2011). www.romanicriss.org/PDF/raport%20final%20osi%20health%20_engleza.pdf.
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, National Healthcare Disparities Report (2011). www.ahrq.gov/research/findings/nhqrdr/nhqrdr11/qrdr11.html.
- Office of Minority Health. www.minorityhealth.hhs.gov.
- Whitehead M and Dahlgren G, Concepts and principles for tackling social inequities in health: Levelling up Part 1 (WHO, 2006). www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/74737/E89383.pdf.
- WHO, Health Equity and Ethnic Minorities in Emergency Situations: Experiments on Intersectoral Action in Colombia with a Differential Approach to Ethnic Communities (2007). www.who.int/social_determinants/resources/isa_etnic_minorities_col.pdf.
- WHO Europe, “Roma health newsletter”, www.euro.who.int/en/what-we-publish/newsletters/roma-health-newsletter.
G. Right to Education
(See also “Rights of Minority Children” and Chapter 6: Children’s Health and Human Rights)
- Center for Urban and Regional Sociology, Romani CRISS and Roma Education Fund, Inequity and Inequality: Teacher Absenteeism, Roma Pupils and Primary Schools in Romania (2012). www.romaeducationfund.hu/sites/default/files/publications/ref_ta_screen_doublepages.pdf.
- Open Society Foundations
- Education & Youth. www.opensocietyfoundations.org/issues/education-youth.
- Failing Another Generation: The Travesty of Roma Education in Czech Republic (2012). www.opensocietyfoundations.org/sites/default/files/failing-another-generation-20120601_0.pdf.
- Roma Education Fund (REF). www.romaeducationfund.hu.
- Roma Education Fund, World Bank, Open Society Foundations and UNICEF, “Access to Early Childhood Education and Care Key to Equal Start of Roma Children”, Joint Statement (2012). http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/ECAEXT/0,,contentMDK:23210156~pagePK:146736~piPK:146830~theSitePK:258599,00.html.
- Surdu L, Vincze E and Wamsiedel M, Roma School Participation, Non-Attendance and Discrimination in Romania (Romani CRISS and UNICEF, 2011). www.unicef.org/romania/Roma_school.pdf.
- Thomasen K, A Hard Look at Discrimination in Education in Germany (Open Society Foundations, 2012).
- UNICEF, The Right of Roma Children to Education: Position Paper (2011). www.unicef.org/ceecis/UNICEF_ROE_Roma_Position_Paper_Web.pdf.
H. Right to Participate in Public Life
- Banks TL, “Trampling Whose Rights ? Democratic Majority Rule and Racial Minorities, “ Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review 43, no. 127 (Winter 2008).
- Claridge L, Discrimination and Political Participation in Bosnia and Herzegovina: Sejdic and Finci V. Bosnia and Herzegovina (Minority Rights Group International, March 2010). www.minorityrights.org/9773/briefing-papers/discrimination-and-political-participation-in-bosnia-and-herzegovina.html.
- Hills J, Le Grand J, and Piachaud D, eds., Understanding Social Exclusion (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002).
- Human Rights Watch, Second Class Citizens: Discrimination against Roma, Jews, and Other National Minorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina (2012). http://www.hrw.org/reports/2012/04/04/second-class-citizens-0.
- May S, Language and minority rights: Ethnicity, nationalism and the politics of language (New York: Taylor and Francis, 2008).
- Mushaben JM, The Changing Faces of Citizenship: Social Integration and Political Mobilization Among Ethnic
Minorities in Germany (Berghahn Books, 2008).
- UN Human Rights Council, Report of the independent expert on minority issues, Gay McDougall, Minorities and the Discriminatory Denial or Deprivation of Citizenship, A/HRC/7/23 (2008). www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Minorities/IExpert/Pages/Increasetheunderstanding.aspx.
I. Right to Bodily Integrity
- Human Rights Watch
- “The Government Could Have Stopped This”: Sectarian Violence and Ensuing Abuses in Burma’s Arakan State (2012). http://www.hrw.org/reports/2012/07/31/government-could-have-stopped.
- Hate on the Streets: Xenophobic Violence in Greece (2012). http://www.hrw.org/reports/2012/07/10/hate-streets-0.
- Everyday Intolerance: Racist and Xenophobic Violence in Italy (2011). http://www.hrw.org/reports/2011/03/21/everyday-intolerance-0.
- On Vulnerable Ground: Violence against Minority Communities in Nineveh Province’s Disputed Territories (2009). http://www.hrw.org/reports/2009/11/10/vulnerable-ground-0.
- In Religion’s Name: Abuses against Religious Minorities in Indonesia (2013). http://www.hrw.org/reports/2013/02/28/religion-s-name-0.
J. Rights of Minority Women
- Center for Reproductive Rights, Body and Soul: Forced Sterilization and other Assaults on Roma Reproductive
Freedom in Slovakia (2003). http://reproductiverights.org/sites/default/files/documents/bo_slov_part1.pdf.
- Council of Europe, Breaking the Barriers: Romani Women and Access to Public Health Care (2003).
- Minority Rights Group International
- Minority women deliberately targeted for rape and other violence – new global report (July 6, 2011). www.minorityrights.org/10851/press-releases/minority-women-deliberately-targeted-for-rape-and-other-violence-new-global-report.html.
- Promoting the rights of minority children and women: a review of UNICEF’s policies and practices (2010). www.unicef.org/policyanalysis/rights/files/UNICEF_MRG_Report.pdf.
- Banda F and Chinkin C, Gender, Minorities and Indigenous Peoples (Minority Rights Group International, 2004). www.minorityrights.org/download.php?id=115.
- Ravnbol C, “Human Rights of Minority Women: Romani Women’s Rights from a Perspective on International Human Rights Law and Politics”, International Journal on Minority and Group Rights 17 (2010) 1-45.
- Stoyanova G, Forced sterilization of Romani women – a persisting human rights violation (Romedia Foundation, February 2013), http://romediafoundation.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/forced-sterilization-of-romani-women-a-persisting-human-rights-violation/.
- UN Human Rights Council, Note by the independent expert on minority issues, Rita Izsák, on guaranteeing the rights of minority women, A/HRC/FMI/2011/2 (2011). www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/minority/docs/session4/A-HRC-FMI-2011-2_en.pdf.
- Violence Is Not Our Culture: www.violenceisnotourculture.org.
K. Rights of Minority Children
(See also “Right to Education” and Chapter 6: Children’s Health and Human Rights)
- Human Rights Watch, “The Root of Humiliation”: Abusive Identity Checks in France (2012). http://www.hrw.org/reports/2012/01/26/root-humiliation.
- The State of the World’s Children. Annual reports on child rights themes. www.unicef.org/sowc.
- Human Rights-based Approach to Programming, “Indigenous and Minority Children”. www.unicef.org/policyanalysis/rights/index_60331.html.
- UN Human Rights Council, Report of the Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, (e) Alienation and indoctrination of children, A/HRC/22/51 (2012). www.ohchr.org/Documents/HRBodies/HRCouncil/RegularSession/Session22/AHRC2251_English.pdf.
L. Rights of the Roma
- European Union, Agency for Fundamental Rights, The Situation of Roma in 11 EU Member States (2012).
- European Union, European Commission.
- An EU Framework for National Roma Integration Strategies up to 2020 (2011). http://ec.europa.eu/justice/policies/discrimination/docs/com_2011_173_en.pdf
- Vademecum: The 10 Common Basic Principles on Roma Inclusion (2011). www.coe.int/t/dg4/youth/Source/Resources/Documents/2011_10_Common_Basic_Principles_Roma_Inclusion.pdf.
- European Roma Rights Centre, Breaking the Silence: Trafficking in Romani Communities (2011). www.errc.org/cms/upload/file/breaking-the-silence-19-march-2011.pdf.
- Kostadinova G, Substantive Equality, Positive Action and Roma Rights in the European Union (Minority Rights Group International, September 2006). www.minorityrights.org/907/briefing-papers/substantive-equality-positive-action-and-roma-rights-in-the-european-union.html.
- O’Nions H, Minority rights protection in International Law: The Roma of Europe (Ashgate Publishing, 2007).
- Ringold D, Orenstein MA, and Wilkens E, Roma in an Expanding Europe: Breaking the Poverty Cycle (World Bank, 2006). http://siteresources.worldbank.org/EXTROMA/Resources/roma_in_expanding_europe.pdf.
- Rorke B and Wilkens A eds., Roma Inclusion: Lessons Learned from OSI’s Roma Programming. (New York: Open Society Institute, 2006). www.romadecade.org/files/downloads/General%20Resources/Lessons%20Learned.pdf.
- Rughinis C, Come Closer: Inclusion and Exclusion of Roma in Present-Day Romanian Society (National Agency for Roma, 2008). www.academia.edu/285918/Come_Closer._Inclusion_and_Exclusion_of_Roma_In_Present_Day_Romanian_Society.
- UNDP, Avoiding the Dependency Trap: the Roma Human Development Report (2003). http://hdr.undp.org/en/reports/regional/europethecis/Avoiding_the_Dependency_Trap_EN.pdf.
- UNICEF, Breaking the Cycle of Exclusion: Roma Children in South East Europe (2007). www.unicef.org/ceecis/070305-Subregional_Study_Roma_Children.pdf.
- U.S. Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe, Briefing: The Human Rights Situation of Roma: Europe’s Largest Ethnic Minority (2006). www.csce.gov/index.cfm?Fuseaction=ContentRecords.ViewTranscript&ContentRecord_id=374&ContentType=H,B&ContentRecordType=B&CFID=21727158&CFTOKEN=91336810.
M. Training Guides and Manuals
- Human Rights Education Association, The Rights of Ethnic and Racial Minorities, Study Guide.
- Minority Rights Group International, Protecting the rights of minorities in Africa: A guide for human rights activists and civil society organizations (2008). www.minorityrights.org/7544/guides/protecting-the-rights-of-minorities-in-africa-a-guide-for-human-rights-activists-and-civil-society-organizations.html.
- Tanaka A and Nagamine Y, “The International Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Racial Discrimination: A Guide for NGOs.” (IMADR and MRG International, 2001). http://www.minorityrights.org/download.php?id=60. (Available for download).
- UNDP, Marginalised Minorities in Development Programming: A Resource Guide and Toolkit (2011).
- European Center for Minority Issues (ECMI): www.ecmi.de.
- European Union, Agency for Fundamental Rights: http://fra.europa.eu/en.
- European Union, European Commission, “Justice: Tackling Discrimination”:
- Health Poverty Action: www.healthpovertyaction.org.
- Human Rights First, Fighting Discrimination Program:
- International Movement Against All Forms of Discrimination and Racism (IMADR): www.imadr.org.
- International Society for Equity in Health (ISEqH): www.iseqh.org.
- Minority Rights Group International: www.minorityrights.org.
- OHCHR, “Minorities”: www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Minorities/Pages/MinoritiesIndex.aspx.
- OSCE, High Commissioner on National Minorities”: www.osce.org/hcnm.
- UN Human Rights Council, Forum on Minority Issues: www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/Minority/Pages/ForumIndex.aspx.
- UN Independent Expert on minority issues: www.ohchr.org/en/Issues/Minorities/IExpert/Pages/IEminorityissuesIndex.aspx.
- UN Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related
- UN Special Rapporteur on counter-terrorism and human rights: www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Terrorism/Pages/SRTerrorismIndex.aspx.
- UN Special Rapporteur in the field of cultural rights: www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/CulturalRights/Pages/SRCulturalRightsIndex.aspx.
- UN Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief: www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/FreedomReligion/Pages/FreedomReligionIndex.aspx.
O. Websites focused on Roma rights
- Council of Europe: Roma and Travellers: www.coe.int/T/DG3/RomaTravellers/Default_en.asp.
- Decade of Roma Inclusion: www.romadecade.org.
- The Decade of Roma Inclusion 2005–2015 is a political commitment by governments in Central and Southeastern Europe to combat Roma poverty, exclusion, and discrimination within a regional framework.
- Dosta: www.dosta.org/.
- European Roma Information Office (ERIO): www.erionet.org.
- European Roma Rights Center: www.errc.org.
- European Union, European Commission,
- “EU and Roma”: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/discrimination/roma/index_en.htm.
- Roma Portal: http://ec.europa.eu/roma.
- Fundacion Secretariado Gitano: www.fsgg.org.
- Open Society Foundation
- Roma Initiatives Office: www.opensocietyfoundations.org/about/programs/roma-initiatives-office.
- Roma Participation Program: www.soros.org/initiatives/roma/focus/rpp.
- Roma Education Fund (REF). www.romaeducationfund.hu
- Roma Women Network: www.romawoman.org.
- Romani Center for Social Intervention and Studies (Romani CRISS): www.romanicriss.org.
- Romedia Foundation: www.romediafoundation.org.
- World Bank, “World Bank and the Roma”: www.worldbank.org/roma